The Alexandria Project
Top Posts & Pages
- How Would you React if Your Book was Pirated?
- ODF vs. OOXML: War of the Words Chapter 5: Open Standards
- ODF vs. OOXML: War of the Words Chapter 4 - Eric Kriss, Peter Quinn and the ETRM
- ODF vs. OOXML: War of the Words Chapter 3 - What a Difference a Decade Can Make
- ODF vs. OOXML: War of the Words
- Why Johnny Can't Format [a book]
- Is Paying for Book Promotion Worth it?
- The Future of Competition in Publishing: Be Very Afraid
- Buy The Alexandria Project
- Book Review: The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers (Paul Kennedy)
Monthly Archives: January 2013
One of the more difficult issues the author of a self-published book faces is whether to pay others to help promote their book. Broadly speaking, such services fall into three categories: creating sales materials (postcards, posters, press releases), reaching out … Continue reading
I was surprised this morning when I opened my other blog to see something unexpected: the first chapter of my book. It didn’t take too long, though, to figure out what caused it to magically materialize. Three years ago today … Continue reading
One of the more gnarly issues I’ve tried to deal with in trying to promote my book is how hard to try to get reviews, and if so, of what types, and from whom. I decided in the beginning that … Continue reading