The Alexandria Project
Top Posts & Pages
- Is Paying for Book Promotion Worth it?
- From First Draft to Release: Follow the Yellow Brick Road
- To Advertise or Not to Advertise?
- The Book Promoter Wears No Clothes
- Book Review: The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers (Paul Kennedy)
- From First Draft to Release: Starting and Maintaining Your Task List
Monthly Archives: January 2013
One of the more difficult issues the author of a self-published book faces is whether to pay others to help promote their book. Broadly speaking, such services fall into three categories: creating sales materials (postcards, posters, press releases), reaching out … Continue reading
I was surprised this morning when I opened my other blog to see something unexpected: the first chapter of my book. It didn’t take too long, though, to figure out what caused it to magically materialize. Three years ago today … Continue reading
One of the more gnarly issues I’ve tried to deal with in trying to promote my book is how hard to try to get reviews, and if so, of what types, and from whom. I decided in the beginning that … Continue reading