The Alexandria Project
Top Posts & Pages
- Do Free Book Promotions Work? (Part I)
- Is Paying for Book Promotion Worth it?
- Poll: What Promotional Methods Work Best?
- ODF vs. OOXML: War of the Words
- Writing a Book Proposal (Remember Book Proposals?)
- Are Press Releases Worth it?
- Book Promotion: What Really Works?
- The Lafayette Campaign On Sale: Trying out the Discount Game
- Author Poll Results: Which promotional methods produce the most sales?
- It's Free Promotion Week for The Lafayette Campaign
Monthly Archives: April 2014
Should you bother to self-publish in print as well as in eBook form? After all, it adds time and effort to the process, and many authors find that they sell very few copies in print, anyway. Like everything else when … Continue reading
Paul Kennedy’s exegesis on the intersection of economic capacity, extraterritorial ambition and political reality is what Monty Python might refer to as “a bloody big book.” Indeed weighing in at 677 pages, it is more than up to the task … Continue reading
Something over three years ago I completed the first draft of a thriller called The Alexandria Project. I’d had a great time writing and posting it chapter by chapter at another blog, one I’ve maintained for a decade now. After … Continue reading
A week ago I wrote a piece here called Google Search Winners and Losers (and what does it mean for you?) The primary point I was making was that seeking to play SEO games (search engine optimization) with an author … Continue reading
Yes, I have another blog (you can find it here), and that blog came first. If you go there now, you’ll find the following entry, but remember when you read it that “here” is there and “there” is here, and … Continue reading
Brian Fagan is an astonishingly prolific producer, for a non-fiction writer, having produced more than three dozen research-based books (at the rate of more than one a year!) focusing mainly on the areas of archaeology, anthropology and the impact of … Continue reading
Are you one of those bloggers that always has a nagging thought in the back of her mind that goes something like this: “I really need to do something about optimizing my site so search engines can find it”? And … Continue reading