The Alexandria Project
Top Posts & Pages
- Is Paying for Book Promotion Worth it?
- ODF vs. OOXML: War of the Words
- The Book Promoter Wears No Clothes
- Why Johnny Can't Format [a book]
- Book Review: 1177 B.C. (Eric H. Cline): Not What You'd Expect
- Creating Effective Character Descriptions
- Google Search Winners and Losers (and what does it mean for you?)
- Book Review: Beyond the Pale (Senan Gil Senan)
- When is a Cliché Forgivable?
- Buy The Alexandria Project
Monthly Archives: January 2013
One of the more difficult issues the author of a self-published book faces is whether to pay others to help promote their book. Broadly speaking, such services fall into three categories: creating sales materials (postcards, posters, press releases), reaching out … Continue reading
I was surprised this morning when I opened my other blog to see something unexpected: the first chapter of my book. It didn’t take too long, though, to figure out what caused it to magically materialize. Three years ago today … Continue reading
One of the more gnarly issues I’ve tried to deal with in trying to promote my book is how hard to try to get reviews, and if so, of what types, and from whom. I decided in the beginning that … Continue reading